Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's Been A While

It's been a while since I have written for this blog
It's been a while, and there's alot that's happened that I haven't logged
It's been a while since I've gone and wrote some stuff just like I used to do
It's been a while, and since then there's been many times that I have stepped in poo

(All sung to the tune of the old Staind song)

Hi,

So,.......It's been a while.

I've had the itch to write lately. On this blog, letters to certain people, lyrics for music that hasn't been written yet, etc. There's quite a few things rolling around in my head at this point and time, and maybe if I write about some of it, it won't just be like sheets of loose leaf paper lying on the floor of my brain that have no organization whatsoever.

It's snowed today. Again. We never used to get snow in Mississippi. The first time Annette and I saw the first good snow in Louisville, we were super excited about it. This was about 5 years ago, and it was like we had seen something that we new existed, but didn't think it was real. And we could touch it, and roll around in it, and make balls out of it and smack each other with them, and create snow people out of it, and urinate on it to make it change colors (reference to myself only), and use it as a medium to make life sized angels with it on the ground, and scrape it off of windshields and windows, and eat it (only if it's still the original color). The many possibilities of snow! It's fantastic!

...................we also shoveled the snow. And shoveled. And shoveled. And shoveled. And cried. And wiped snot off of our faces. And shoveled. And......well you get the point. Needless to say, I'm not as fond of snow anymore. It's still great to look at, but it's only fun if you don't have to put any work into it, right?

Got me to thinking about how many things in life that are so awesome, but we're so used to it that it's lost it's awesomeness. Snow, for example, is so insanely weird that it even happens. I mean, there are white puffs of percipitation that fall from the sky, cover the earth, and when it happens I just think, "I freakin' wish it would stop snowing." Did you know that there is not one single, solitary, identical snowflake? Amazing.

Let's see what else:
-Rain
-Our earth is warmed by a big ball of FIRE that sits in a space that is outer and we're pretty used to that so......not so awesome. What would be even more awesome, but in a bad way, is if the sun just decided not to fire up one day. We have a sun. That's pretty awesome.
-The birth of a child, or the birth of anything for that matter. Too many inexplainable intricacies involved here. Something that happens every minute of every day. The awesomeness of that usually isn't there unless it is closely related.
-The fact that we can taste food. How awesome is that! Imagine if everything you put in your mouth tasted like water. Or better yet, tofu. If everything had the flavor of tofu, that would be lame. Not knocking tofu, but come on, where's the flavor? A grape tastes different from an apple tastes different from a cookie tastes different from a hot dog tastes different from a sponge cake and so on and on. That's pretty cool, and pretty fortunate for us.
-Having a job.........that's pretty awesome and pretty self explanatory.
-Friends = Awesome
-Family = Awesome

I think I can write about this forever. Think about it though. What is your life filled with that is awesome when you think about it, but you don't ever think about it. I know that with myself I have a tendency to remember and only dwell on the crap of life. The things that happen that I don't want to happen. It's consuming if I let it be. So, I need to think of things that are awesome more, because when you really stop and weigh the pros and cons of life, I think I'm alot more spoiled and blessed that I give credit for.

It can always be worse. I know this is probably overdone by now, but think of Haiti. I bet their 'awesome' list might look like this:

-water
-food
-clothes
-shelter
-friends
-family

Bare necessities that most of us have no problem having our hands on every day. Thank God for what we have and give what we can so others can have (i.e. time, goods, services, an ear, money, etc). Shouldn't that be what it's about?

So yeah, it's been awhile, but the snow really got me to thinking today...........

Peace,
t

3 comments:

Annette said...

you so funny. and i like to hear what is in your head.

tiffany said...

Write more, bro!

David said...

My friend, we don't talk enough anymore. Just reading this make me remember exchanging thoughts, dreams and ideas...Peace...:~)