Monday, February 15, 2010

Pawn Stars

I watch Pawn Stars. That's a show that I enjoy when I'm jonesing for the glass teet that is the TV, which sadly is more often than should be.

Anywho. Wouldn't it be cool to own a business, see things that are out of the ordinary everyday, and have enough money to spend 100,000 bones to repair a helicopter because you know that you can sell it for 150,000 bones and make money off of the intial transaction. Phenomenal.

Or have people come up to you with a piece of history in their hand and try to wheel and deal to hand that piece of history over to you? Someone on the show tonight had a lottery ticket that was signed and numbered by George Washington. I mean there were three different guys handling a lotto ticket that was once handled by the first president of the US. I can't imagine the coolness of having my tips touch something as historical as that. The most historic my hands have gotten is with an NES (old school nintendo. Tecmo Bowl days for any uninformed)

You've also got the other side of it where someone will walk in with what they think is a prized possession that has been sitting in their garage for years. They walk to the display case to wheel and deal, only to find out that what they thought was their prized treasure is really a phony piece of junk. How do you react to something like that when you have so much faith in the authenticity of an item, and you have someone tell you that it's not real? That's gotta feel like a throat chop.

My everyday hope is that my life is an everyday reflection of the un-phony. I respect and admire that in other people, and people like that motivate me and inspire me to do things that are noble. The stories you read or the people you know that give you that feeling always have a faith in something tangible, and is shown in the way they carry themselves, react to trials, smile a smile as real as the oxygen in your lungs, would rather put others first, and exhibit all of the other characteristics that a story contains that gives you goosebumps. That is a matter of things that matter.

My hope is that someone doesn't look at my 'things' and tell me that they have all the evidence they need to know that it's fake.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

AWesome post, bro.

David Sheehan said...

Tony, this some good stuff. I like your perspective....Peace my friend...:~) David